Beaches near Marmara in Paros
Marmara is located in the centre of the island of Paros and there are many beautiful beaches at a short distance. Some of the most beautiful beaches near Marmara are:
1. Molos beach: A large sandy beach on the eastern side of the island, with crystal clear waters. Its peaceful atmosphere makes it ideal for families with children. Children have space to play on the sandy beach and visitors to the beach are not crowded thanks to its size. The beach is not organized, there is only a small water sports centre where you can rent equipment and take windsurfing lessons.
2. Kalogeros beach: Kalogeros beach is considered one of its kind because in its northern part, you will find rocks made of clay. This clay is known for its therapeutic properties, which is why many visitors spread it on their bodies and sunbathe or they rub it on their bodies and then wash themselves in the sea.
3. Piso Livadi Beach: A sandy beach located on the east coast of Paros, with serene and shallow waters, ideal for families with young children. The beach is protected by the harbour wall and is well organized with several beach bars and tavernas.
4. Logaras beach: Logaras Beach is a small, secluded beach with sand, pebbles and crystal clear waters. It is surrounded by lush green trees and offers stunning views of the Aegean Sea. The beach offers few amenities, there is however a small restaurant serving fresh seafood and other delicacies. There are also some sunbeds and umbrellas for guests who wish to relax and enjoy the sun and the sea.
5. The Golden Coast: Located on the south-east coast of the island, the Golden Coast is one of the most popular and well-known beaches of Paros. It is a long stretch of sandy beach with clear waters and strong winds, making it ideal for windsurfing and kitesurfing.
These beaches have something for everyone; whether you are looking for a quiet and secluded place or an organised beach with water sports and activities.